Golf Club Bologna was based on an idea by Count Achille Sassoli de’ Bianchi, and on 28 April 1959, it was incorporated by 28 Founding Members.
The design of the course was commissioned from the famous British architectural practice Cotton & Harris, and John Harris himself personally directed the golf course’s construction. The first nine holes were opened on 1 June 1961.
Today the Golf Club has a 5,947-metre course with 18 holes, a golf school and activities designed for the youngest players, and it hosts competitions and tournaments. The Club House, focal point for the Club’s social life, is the location of the restaurant headed by chef Massimiliano D’Ambrosio, twice ranked as amongst the top managers of Italian Club Houses.